My Today Thought 8-4-16
The hidden things belong to the LORD, our God,
but the revealed things belong to us
and our children forever,
so that we may follow all the words of the law...
Deuteronomy 29:29
I heard this scripture this morning.... along with the statement it is our obedience that He desires and my spent energy on trying to figure things out that are deeper than me is energy not well spent.... and honestly beyond my comprehension. And I believe its meant to be.
I find myself thinking about how much time I have spent trying to figure God out and not simply enjoying the relationship with HIM.... the one who loves me most.... that alone is beyond by comprehension.... lol
I love to hear peoples conversion stories, the prodigal stories. To hear how the light came on in the darkest part of the soul, the noise of their surroundings silenced and they hear HIS whisper... It is a glimpse of HIM to me.... knowing that He has called me the same way.... He doesn't call with a demanding voice, but a whisper that makes me be still and listen.... makes you still so you can hear...
Its in these stories I see obedience in its first form in the now, the silence of the world noise and you are hearing HIM woo the heart... it is in that moment you don't need understanding of HIM or HIS ways, you simply need HIM.... knowing HE is the only answer to life....
Its after that beautiful moment that it gets complicated, not because HE makes it that way but we do... we search in hope of gaining understanding of HIS will and when we find something that brings peace or something we actually can control, we think we find it and we have the sense of control. We grasp on to what we can control.... when HE wants us to live in open hand living... to lose control and simply take the steps that HE plans out for us.... to be still and listen to the voice that woos us not only in the beginning towards salvation but the voice that woos us daily in HIS love... calling us to HIM..... His creation woos us.... whether that is the sky that is painted in more color than we can identify or the individual He places in front of us in the store....
The energy I have spent in not only trying to figure HIM out but trying to figure others out.... I think it is that type of living that brings so much noise in the soul that it crowds out the whisper of HIS voice.... the wooing.... the drawing in.... and honestly a true arrow of the enemy of soul... because if the noise is great then I cant be obedient to the whisper.... because I cant hear it....
Abba,
I am thinking about the wasted energy....
the noise that is deafening...
Quiet my soul Jesus
I long to hear YOUR voice...
to walk the path YOU have chosen for me...
Help me to walk this day out for YOU
and not in trying to figure YOU out
or trying to figure others out....
Not trying to discover their motive
but looking for YOU...
Abba,
May YOUR choosing me be enough...
that being chosen by the creator is more than enough....
Help me to walk in that amazing knowledge today...
May YOUR peace and knowing that YOU
walk every step with me be enough...
Abba,
Restore my soul today.... and help me to walk
in YOUR restoration of me...
Help me to not chase fitting in...
but to grasp knowing with YOU,
YOU choosing me ...
Is all the fitting in I need...

Comments
Post a Comment