08-28-16
One of my favorite conversations in the Bible is between Moses and God... by this point, Moses has spent a lot of time with God on the mountain top.... he has multiple experiences with God, a relationship has been established....Moses knows who has had him this whole time... He says to God,
"Lord, You have told me 'lead this people up' but You have not told me whom You will send with me. You said 'I know you by name, and you have also found favor in My sight.' Now if I have indeed found favor in Your sight, please teach me Your ways, and I will know You and find favor in Your sight. Now consider that this nation is Your people.
God replied " My presence will go with you and I will give you rest"
The conversations continues where Moses is basically talking to God and saying we cant do what You ask if He doesn't go with them. I love Gods response....
"I will do this very thing you have asked, for you have found favor in My sight, and I know you by name.'
Moses doesn't hesitate, " Please, let me see Your Glory"
God answers "I will cause all My goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim the name Yahweh before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"
Then God said (my favorite part) "You can not see My face, for no one can see Me and live" He continued "Here is a place near Me. You are to stand on the rock and when My glory passes by, I will put you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with MY hand until I have passed by. Then I will take my hand away and you will see MY back, but My face will not be see."
This is absolutely one of my favorite stories in the Bible, Moses is talking to God about one thing but slips in, hey I really want to see You, God hears him, responds to the first questions and then tells him, hey no one who has seen my face has lived but this is what we will do.
I love this loving part of God....
It brings encouragement and hope.... and shows His tenderness.... that when I am ranting and asking for direction in a very bad day, I will through out something like, I really just need to see YOU and He gives me something like this....
"Lord, You have told me 'lead this people up' but You have not told me whom You will send with me. You said 'I know you by name, and you have also found favor in My sight.' Now if I have indeed found favor in Your sight, please teach me Your ways, and I will know You and find favor in Your sight. Now consider that this nation is Your people.
God replied " My presence will go with you and I will give you rest"
The conversations continues where Moses is basically talking to God and saying we cant do what You ask if He doesn't go with them. I love Gods response....
"I will do this very thing you have asked, for you have found favor in My sight, and I know you by name.'
Moses doesn't hesitate, " Please, let me see Your Glory"
God answers "I will cause all My goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim the name Yahweh before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"
Then God said (my favorite part) "You can not see My face, for no one can see Me and live" He continued "Here is a place near Me. You are to stand on the rock and when My glory passes by, I will put you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with MY hand until I have passed by. Then I will take my hand away and you will see MY back, but My face will not be see."
This is absolutely one of my favorite stories in the Bible, Moses is talking to God about one thing but slips in, hey I really want to see You, God hears him, responds to the first questions and then tells him, hey no one who has seen my face has lived but this is what we will do.
I love this loving part of God....
It brings encouragement and hope.... and shows His tenderness.... that when I am ranting and asking for direction in a very bad day, I will through out something like, I really just need to see YOU and He gives me something like this....
Where I see Him in His creation.... I may not receive the answer I am looking for but I find His peace in the midst of the multiple questions....
He is so faithful to me.... even when I don't feel I deserve it....
I was reminded of this conversation this morning in church.... I have more questions then answers, and I ask Him for guidance.... for clarity.... then I remember this story.... I ask to see Him.... that I need to just see Him....
Being reminded that He hears that cry, just as He heard Moses request, He here's me....
God may I see Your glory.... Have compassion towards me.... be gracious to me.... Remove my blinders that I may see the opportunities in my days and my nights that You provide and give.... Come Jesus.... show me....God I am not a missed child... I am not to old.... lead me.... clarify so I may be obedient.... Come Abba....


Comments
Post a Comment