The One
I feel overwhelmed with emotion today, the emotions that remind you of what you are not and what you are, probably none of them accurate by nature. I am being reminded of a quote I read in a Kelly Mentor book:
But Jesus just never did things the way we all know works so well. While on His way to the
cross to give His life for the world, He continually offered it to the one.
He does this so differently then we do, He sees the individual even in the midst of the crowd, the one that feels alone, the one being overwhelmed with loss, the one that is fighting a long standing disease, the one that was caught up in the flesh of life and made decisions based on aloneness. He stopped, had a conversation with the one....
How often we walk the sidewalks of our busy lives looking down and not at the eyes that we pass, or we are involved in a texting conversation and not picking up the cues in the words that say, I need a voice, I need to hear that I am in relationship not just from an absent word text. Or we are so busy in our stacked full schedule that we don't see the suffering in another's eyes.
We are to posture our lives in the pattern of Christ but how often are we the member of the crowd that keeps going, or we are the one that picks up the stone ready to throw.
I sometimes wonder if real and true community exists, or is just when a need is present and you can fill it with the understanding this is probably a one way street, you the giver. Did Christ ever receive or was it just giving.... and if so, are we to be content on this one way street?
But Jesus just never did things the way we all know works so well. While on His way to the
cross to give His life for the world, He continually offered it to the one.
He does this so differently then we do, He sees the individual even in the midst of the crowd, the one that feels alone, the one being overwhelmed with loss, the one that is fighting a long standing disease, the one that was caught up in the flesh of life and made decisions based on aloneness. He stopped, had a conversation with the one....
How often we walk the sidewalks of our busy lives looking down and not at the eyes that we pass, or we are involved in a texting conversation and not picking up the cues in the words that say, I need a voice, I need to hear that I am in relationship not just from an absent word text. Or we are so busy in our stacked full schedule that we don't see the suffering in another's eyes.
We are to posture our lives in the pattern of Christ but how often are we the member of the crowd that keeps going, or we are the one that picks up the stone ready to throw.
I sometimes wonder if real and true community exists, or is just when a need is present and you can fill it with the understanding this is probably a one way street, you the giver. Did Christ ever receive or was it just giving.... and if so, are we to be content on this one way street?

Comments
Post a Comment