Will They Know.....

God help me to love the way You loved....

Help me to have compassion,  to listen as you would call me to have compassion...

These are the words that are ringing in my heart this morning.... I push the repeat button in soul once again, wanting these words and the request to play over and over again until it is received deep in my spirit.  

These two request use to be easy for me.... I would let them roll of my lips and move forward.  What I am finding now is they go from rolling from my lips to knowing deep in my heart it is now a need, a deep desire.  No longer a seed in soil but broken and springing forth.

There is a young man that I see on a daily bases,  he reminds of the one that is described in the Bible that is bound and placed in the grave yard but his mental illness caused him to break the chains.  It took one encounter for this man to find healing.    This young man I see daily needs healing.  You can see the chains that bind him...   Yet, I find myself not asking him.... not approaching him because they tell me he is unpredictable...  I know he his homeless and I know where he is staying for shelter,  a place that may have a roof, but on a morning like this, it will be cold. 

I go to get groceries and in checking out, I meet a girl who I attempt to start a conversation with but the anger and hurt is pouring out.  The guard goes up for her and I smile and move on. Not trying to share a word of hope.

A friend struggling with tragedy that is presented and I need to listen and hear but find myself so overwhelmed with my world that I allow the wall to go up and can feel the hardness beckoning to take over.  Thinking that I don't have it in me to hear one more thing.... one more heart ache.

I listen to the message in sparkle night and hear the whisper,   just be willing,  be present daughter.   You are not too old for me to use you...  these individuals may be over a decade younger than you but you have a over a decade of wisdom to help them.   I AM the one who will open the doors for you,  to give you the words to speak to the broken that you encounter.
  
I walked into the night to serve in prayer and hear what HE had to say.... but my attitude was not open...   my compassion tank was empty and I was desperate to be heard, like I listen,  My heart was breaking for many... and my soul was weary.   But HE did whisper to me and HE got my attention.  

As I am writing this, playing in my ear is Jason Upton singing, "They Will Know We Are Christians" with the chorus ringing,  they will know we are Christians by our love....   The very heart of my prayer this morning....  

Is the heart cry this morning being confirmed....  Is the true walk the encounter that we have placed in front of us daily...  we look for the big things,  the stage but in truth is walking in love being open for the individual that HE places in our path daily?  Whether in our job or our errands?  

Here is another challenge I felt last night and woke up to this morning,  how often do I make the statement either verbally,  texting or in a message, that I am praying for you?  Do I pray?  Yes, typically a quick word up, but in confession, there are times I say and type the words idly and move on with my day.    How would things be different for the individuals I encounter, if I would stop and pray with them?   If I would type out a prayer?     It makes a difference to me,  someone stopped and prayed with me last night when I shared what was going on....  I cried and thanked our ABBA for the someone one who lifted my arms up last night.... 

Maybe this is the new challenge....  to actually stop and pray regardless of location and tool...   I use to do this all the time but I stopped... and I really do feel the effects of the stop....

I hit the replay button and listen again....  They will know we are Christians by our love....  I want individuals that I encounter to know that I am a Christian,  a Nazarene, a follower of Jesus...  I sense the peace now,  I know HE is near...  and my whisper to Him goes from,  will they know I am a Christian by my love,  to God let them know I am a Christian by my love.... 

Comments

Popular Posts