One Year lesson.

Today marks one year that I was Baptized,  it was actually on October 5th but it was on a Sunday morning.    It truly was highlighted moment for me for multiple reasons.  

It gave me a date.....    I have dates that stand out in my mind for a lot of situations but I couldn't tell you the date of my salvation,   I can give you the month of my return but not a specific date.   Now I have one because this was life changing.

It conquered a fear.....    I learned to swim in the ocean as a kid,   enjoyed every moment I could find to play in the water.   But I had one occasion that took all that away and I refused to get in the ocean above my knees,  that fear was conquered that day.   If you see the wall of water that was held back from hitting us you would agree,  that God conquered that fear in me that day.

I am thankful for the ones that walked that with me that day,  and got wet with me that day.   It meant more then they could ever know.

It was a mile marker in my faith journey,  one of a few that have been life changing.   I really thought this moment would open doors....  that it would be the send off but in truth it took me down a path I could never expected.   It gave freedom but different then I thought...   sent me on a journey for truth in my walk,  one that I thought was already conquered but now seeing that I had barely skimmed the surface.

I have heard from religious individuals that don't believe a re-baptisms was appropriate.   That its a one time deal.      My thought on that one was the first one was a play act because this one was the real deal.   I think He smiled down on us that day because He held back a wave.    He held the sharks away for the next week a video surfaced regarding the mass amount of sharks that were so close to the beach, hundreds  in the very area we were located.      Again, one more time that God held at bay what the enemy wanted to use.    Showing His blessing. 

I have learned in this year that Jesus's posture is so different then what I been taught my whole life and that His love is non conditional that comes from the Father.    He has placed individuals in my path that I have had some of the most deepest spiritual conversations that have convinced me that what I once thought was completely wrong isn't and that many denominations have multiple things to offer but don't have the 100% accuracy tied up.   That we truly will be surprised when we reach the end of this journey on this earth and truth is revealed.

I have learned that eternity started the moment I said yes to Him when He choose me,  and that eternity needs to be lived out right here, right now.     This means working out conflicts with individuals you are spending eternity with,   laying down your pride in thinking that you must be seen and heard,  that sometimes observing, listening and watching are more appropriate before a response is had or made.      

I have learned that rescue doesn't come the way we dream but it comes in a continual form that develops over  time and sometimes remains to be seen.   

This just skims the surface of what I have learned this year and makes me wonder what is ahead....  But I remain thankful for the moment in the ocean,  where past and fear where laid down and life was given.      I am forever thankful for that one moment.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts