Do you see her.

My thoughts continue to go to a section of scripture that i have heard multiple times but given to me yet a new during the Bible study "The Quest"       I find that it is challenging me a new.... 

One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to have dinner with him, so Jesus went to his home and sat down to eat.  When a certain immoral woman from that city heard he was eating there, she brought a beautiful alabaster jar filled with expensive perfume.   She knelt behind him at His feet, weeping. 
Her tears fell on His feet, and she wiped them off with her hair.  Then she kept kissing His feet and putting perfume on them.
When the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he said to himself, 'If this man were a prophet, he would know
what kind of woman is touching Him.  
She's a sinner

What I find so beautiful is that Jesus knew exactly who was sitting at His feet,   He also knew whose house He was dining at....  He heard this Pharisee's thoughts and makes the statement "I have something to say to you"   

A man loaned money to two people-- 500 pieces of silver to one and
50 pieces to the other.  But neither of them could repay him,
so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts. 
Who do you suppose loved him more after that?
Simon answered,
I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt.
That's right Jesus said

Then instead of standing up declaring anything with a pointing and shaking finger,   He did something I can see Him doing to me,  to you.    He looked her square in the eye and said the following to the the Pharisee:

Look at this woman kneeling here.  
When I entered your home, you didn't offer me water 
to wash the dust from my feet, 
but she has washed my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
You didn't greet me with a kiss, 
but from the time I first came in, 
she has not stopped kissing my feet. 
You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head,
but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume.
I tell you, her sins--
and they are many-- have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love.
But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.
Luke 7:36-47 

The way that Beth Moore presented the scripture in the video section provoked so much thought,   and brought out a conviction that I never picked up on.   Jesus looked this women in the eye as HE was addressing the religious one,  the one that thought he had it all together.   It was brought up in our discussion,  this women knew exactly where to go,  it was familiar to her.   And the religious one knew exactly who and what she was....   there was a familiarity to it.    

DO we see her....   

Do we see the broken one that is right in our path.... 

Are you like Simon the Pharisee pointing our religious finger, saying do you know what kind of person she is...    

Or are you the girl that knew exactly where the religious one was located but your pursuit for the Savior out weighed any pride you may have,   you just needed to touch HIM.   To be near HIM regardless.   

I have often struggled with wondering if the real me is ever seen.  I have been labeled with many descriptions without any questions asked of me...  labels given by the Pharisees in my world.     Not really being seen but judgments being made from descriptions that were given by the religious without any questions being personally asked of me.   

I have also been the Pharisee that wasn't looking at the action with eyes of the spirit and casting judgment because I recognized the sin because in truth the same sin was in my heart,  otherwise I wouldn't have recognized it,  or maybe trying to justify my own fought, I judge someone else's sin in order to minimize my own...  

I have been both,  and Jesus addressed both in the scripture and He addresses both in me.  

I have wondered if I was this girl,  would I have been brave enough to go where He was in order to just touch HIM.     Would my love for HIM be enough to push me through the door and at HIS feet. 

Does it now....   Does knowing that HE see's me motivate me enough to discard the Pharisee,  the ones that judge me for who they think I am,   am I pushed enough,  do I love HIM enough to discard the critic and fall at HIS feet.    Does knowing HE sees me and looks me in the eye enough to block the ones who critique my relationship with HIM?    

She recognized that she was in need of a Savior.... it pushed her to grab that box of expensive oil and run to where HE was in order to anoint HIM with what she held as her most prized possession.   To humble herself in front of her critics and to give HIM her all.    

She didn't have to announce to the Pharisee that she was humble,  it was her action that showed them that her heart was sold out to HIM.   

I bet she didn't even care about the others in the room....  she was with the ONE she knew who could,  did change it all for her.  

She didn't hesitate and think about it....   she ran,  she went behind HIM,  not demanding to be seen by HIM,  not making it a show of humility.    She was just desperate for HIM and desired to give all she had... regardless....

Who am I like...   Who are you like....

How do you see her?  

Or are you her... willing to give all regardless...

Abba,  may I give my all to YOU...
May I have eyes to see YOU and to see the broken ones the way YOU see them....
May I not see them with religious eyes of judgment but with eyes of LOVE
With eyes that see YOU in them....  
May my humility be in my action and not my word.
May I give YOU my all regardless... 

YOU see me.    and that is enough    








Comments

Popular Posts