Unchangeable

I found myself sitting in my car,   listening to a song that was new to me...   knowing that it was God sent to me at that moment.    I had never heard it before even though it isn't really new.  The song is Matthew West "Unchangeable"

You wait for someone to choose you
You wait for someone to stay
But the only love that you're use to
Is the kind that goes away
 
This first verse immediately got my attention,  immediately I thought of friends and even myself, all longing to be loved,  to be chosen.   How we sell our true selves in order to be chosen,  to feel accepted.    
 
You're thinking maybe your daddy was right when
He said you're just a mistake
 
In just a weeks time, I heard personal stories of children being discarded,  parents choosing substances,  material possessions, and other empty relationships over their kids.   I have watched multiple people trying to have children and not being able too but others give them away like commodities.  Dreams buried with the one that was loved and lost.
 
But I was holding your heart when
Those cold words made it break
My love, My love, My love
My love is unchangeable
and there is nothing you can do to change My mind
 
My heart wants to grow hard from the words of anger,  from one more instance of women getting beat and her blood being shed just minutes before I enter that part of the side walk, yet YOU want to remind me that You call me MY love....  that Your love is unchangeable....
 
They'll make you feel like your worthless
Till you believe that is true
 
Feeling like life left you behind and your duty is to serve,  not finding joy in it when your heart isn't in it but choosing to do what is expected in order that you wont disappoint.    Knowing there is expectations for you but not receiving in return what you need....
 
But I look at you and see priceless
They don't know you like I do
I dreamed you into existence
I put the stars in your eyes
Now let the truth of this promise
speak louder than the lies
 
My Love,  My Love, My love
My Love is unchangeable
And there is nothing you can do to change my mind
 
Again,  I take a deep breath,  this isn't depression but a soul tired of watching others searching in all the wrong places,  choosing to compromise  ones soul in order to beg for acceptance from those who, if they would be truthful, are wrestling with acceptance themselves.    Questioning the journey and wondering if a wrong turn was made somewhere along the way or if this is exactly where He has placed you.     Then I hear Him say:
 
You're not a mistake
You're not a mistake
I know the plans I have for you
to give you a hope and a future
 
 
Again being reminded that He knows,   He see's.    We are not lost to HIM.   That He will give strength even when the world screams death at every side,  His hand is stretched out and says take it,  I will walk you through this valley.    They may call you different,  but I call you mine and I chose you,   you are not lost to me.  Here my voice when I say:
 
 
My Ginger, (enter your name),  My chosen,  My love
My Love is unchangeable
My daughter,
My love is going to change your life
When the world walks away
I will stay with you
You are not a mistake
 


 
 



Comments

Popular Posts