The Questions


Today our Pastor asked us to think about a moment when we felt most alive and our best, he then asked us to think about a day that our world fell apart.

Both challenging  questions.....

Interesting questions to me for sure.... 

I have been thinking about my 50th birthday,  typically there is something special about this birthday, it is a reminder that your entering a new phase,   maybe even that time is really not as long as it once was,  according to our expectation. 

I know people develop bucket lists of what they want to accomplish prior to hitting this number,  maybe experience as much as possible prior to hitting this number knowing that it wont be long after that we become to old in the eyes of the world.   Heck, isn't  it this birthday  that you become members of ARRP....  the discount for senior citizens.....  wow....  why does seem painful when really a discount would always be acceptable.

When I go to form a list I realize that I am limited from doing what people would categorize as being exciting and adventurous on most scales.    

But I do have a list....

My list consists of people who I would like to sit down with over a cup of tea, coffee, or even a meal and ask the questions to them.... 

What moment did you feel the most alive?

If comfortable , tell me a moment you felt the world drop away from you and how did you over come or persevere?

Then I want to preserve it by blogging about the impact it had on you, what I learned ...   sharing triumph and living with others that need to be encouraged to choose life....  to choose to persevere.    I wont be immune to the questions....  I will share my own answers.     I feel we can learn from each other.   We can encourage each other.  It will require a transparency most are not willing to give and what I have learned is necessary for survival and true relationship with Him....  How difficult is it to be transparent with someone we see..... but I think it can be even more difficult to be with HIM who see's all....

I have shared this desire with some....  most were excited and felt challenged by the proposed 50th birthday list,   some thought there was no way they could answer.  Not because they didn't want to share but because they hadn't thought about the answer.     A couple thought it was ridiculous but they didn't and don't know me.    Know that my true love gift is time... quality over quantity.  So this is a perfect gift to me.   

I have a little over a year to do this, but the plan can be carried out through out the 50th year as well.  Even further if I have enough willing to do this with me.     

I started this blog over a year ago but haven't utilized it out of fear of judgment, but feel the need to change it.   Rivers run deep in me and I love words,  to read them,  to write them and to share them.  

If you decide to give me this gift of time,  to share you with me,  I will ask to share them either with names or anonymously.    Which ever feels most comfortable for you and truly that may be best for me as well.    But it will be your call. Even if the call is for my ears only and no sharing allowed.  I am more interested in your story.

So if your willing....  send me a private message.     

Maybe a foolish idea to some but people are survivors and some live their life completely and fully but I know most paid a price for that walk....   I know I have....   so I will cherish your story like I do mine with out judgment, maybe some questions but with understanding,  it is your story and it is what has defined who you are,  you who were created uniquely.    

Thank you.....

Ginger

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts